BLUFPhysical exercise, positive relationships and a passion for life help develop and maintain our brain's basic structures as we age.
Steinar Brandslet writing in Neuroscience News, makes the following points:
Three factors contribute to good brain health-
- An active lifestyle helps to develop the central nervous system and to counteract brain aging.
- Being with other people, including conversation or physical contact, supports good brain function.
- Passion, or a strong interest in something, can lead us to learn new things, which helps to maintain our neural networks.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- JUL 2022 Can we rejuvenate aging brains?-Stanford University
- JUL 2022 In Senescent Cells, a Promising Route to Slowing Brain Aging-Simons Foundation