German generals writing after WW2 blamed Hitler for their incompetence leading Western and Russian historians to perpetuate this myth.
- Some historians refuse to take Hitler seriously despite the fact he shook the world to its roots.
- Fritz demolishes the "Hitler was an idiot" school of World War II history.
- Hitler had read the German masters of military thought - von Moltke and Clausewitz.
- He adapted the concept of mechanized warfare and blitzkrieg, initially winning in Poland, France, Norway, Russia, North Africa, etc.
- Like Napoleon, Hitler believed in going on the offensive whenever possible and mounting a tenacious defence when required.
- Hitler's racial and other policies of domination resulting in the holocaust overshadowed—and rightly so—his military strategy.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source Information: Owlcation