BLUFWhen Russian forces invaded Ukraine, the prediction was that Kyiv would fall quickly. No one predicted that one hundred days later they would still be locked in combat.
This article written by Fred M. Kaplan for Slate notes the following:
- Analysts admit that it's unclear who's winning or losing.
- Putin is aware that the West is losing patience with this war and the resulting worldwide economic devastation.
- The destruction in Ukraine has been immense, and the recovery will be costly.
- It's not clear who will have the resources to rebuild Ukraine.
References from the web:
- May 2022 NPR Rebuilding Ukraine could cost hundreds of billions of dollars
- May 2022 AlJazerra Former NATO general says Putin has 9-month window to win war
- May 2022 inews Is Ukraine winning the war? Why Nato says Ukrainians ‘can win’ conflict with Russia’s invasion stalling
- Link to Source: Slate.com
- Media Check: Slate - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |