BLUFThe US State Department wants Congress to approve funds for Ukraine’s neighbouring countries to help prepare them against potential Russian aggression.
This article by Xander Landen, writing for Newsweek, makes the following points:
- The funds would be part of a new $2 billion-plus aid package.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the funds would be provided to nations neighbouring Ukraine.
- Recently, NATO has taken steps to protect member states amid concerns that the war could extend beyond Ukraine's borders.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 02: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 03: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JUN 2022 Strengthening the US and NATO defense postures in Europe after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine—Brookings
- JUN 2022 Biden Says NATO Meets Challenges of Today, Prepares to Counter Threats of Tomorrow—US Department of Defense
- AUG 2022 Road to war: U.S. struggled to convince allies, and Zelensky, of risk of invasion—Washington Post
- AUG 2022 NATO Races to Counter Russia’s Threat in Europe’s Weak Spot—Bloomberg
- Article Source: Newsweek
- Media Check: Newsweek - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)