BLUFRansomware attacks are increasing in scope and frequency, with solutions ranging from paying the ransom or reconfiguring infected systems and reporting the attack to the authorities.
This article by Danny Palmer, writing for Znet, makes these points about ransomware attacks :
- Ransomware was one of the major cybersecurity issues of 2022
- Some ransomware victims opt to painstakingly restore their network.
- Ransomware gangs hide in jurisdictions beyond the reach of law enforcement and mainly demand cryptocurrency for payment
- International law enforcement has had some success against cyber criminals, but more needs to be done.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Government to strengthen Australia’s capability to counter cyber crime – TheRunway (airforce,gov.au)
- Cybercrime Is On The Rise – What That Means For Australian Businesses – TheRunway (airforce,gov.au)
References from the Web :
- OCT 2022 Australian Defence Department caught up in ransomware attack – ABC News
- DEC 2022 What is a Ransomware Attack: Types and How Can You Prevent It? - Simplilearn
- Article Source: Znet
- Media Check: Znet - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC