BLUFHackers are successfully exploiting remote and web-linked systems—a significant vulnerability is still passwords and login processes.
Danny Palmer writing in ZDNET, makes the following points:
- Vendor fixes must be applied to Microsoft Exchange Server, Fortinet VPNs, and Zoho ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus.
- Companies need to be quicker in updating security patches.
- Drive-by downloads and exploiting network misconfigurations are cyber threats.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) remains essential.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 Ransomware attacks on the rise in 2022-iapp
- AUG 2022 The Week in Ransomware - August 12th 2022 - Attacking the defenders-BleepingComputer
- Article Source: News and Advice on the World's Latest Innovations | ZDNET
- Media Check: ZDNET Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)/
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)