BLUFAerial refuelling tankers from France, NATO, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the US are significant force multipliers, and it is, therefore, essential for them to participate in military exercises.
Mike Yeo writing in DefenseNews, makes the following points:
- The U.S. Marine Corps tankers were KC-130J Super Hercules.
- The NATO, Singaporean and British tankers flew from RAAF Base Darwin.
- One Australian and two US tankers operated from RAAF Base Tindal.
- The other participating nations' tankers were based at Amberley.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- SEP 2022 Allies and Partners Work Hand in Glove in Australian Exercise Pitch Black-NATO
- SEP 2022 Pitch Black 2022: Tankers taking centre stage-Airbus.
- SEP 2022 Australia must prepare for the infrastructure and logistics impacts of military conflict-ASPI