Many workers would argue that the upside of the COVID pandemic is the exponential growth of working from home (remote work) and hybrid work. However, not everyone’s happy with the idea, and the subject is hotly debated.
This article by Steve Ranger, writing for ZDNet, makes the following points:
- Remote work is a good measure of the relative power of workers and bosses.
- And right now, in many cases, workers are in the driving seat when it comes to the subject.
- Employers need to listen to their employees because unemployment is low, and there are other jobs to move to if workers aren't happy with how they are treated.
- The hot job market and the enthusiasm for remote work have made it harder for companies to enforce their return-to-office mandates.
- Whether managers like it or not, hybrid and remote work is the new normal.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source: ZDNET Technology US Company