BLUFVox magazine article that argues Russia is losing the war in Ukraine.
Zack Beauchamp, a senior journalist at Vox magazine, an online news journal, makes the following points to support his contention that as of 18 Mar 2022, Russia is losing the war in Ukraine:
- Russia has failed to conquer Kyiv.
- Uk Defence Intelligence Agency considers that Russian advance has stalled on all fronts.
- Russian casualties have been very high.
- Ukraine's military has proven more competent than was at first thought.
- Russia expected to win quickly and was not prepared for a long war.
- Russian morale among its conscripts appears low, whereas Ukrainian morale appears high.
- It's still too early to say who will win, but it looks unlikely that Russia will achieve all of its objectives.
When reading about the 2022 Russo-Ukraine conflict, it is essential to be aware of 'Confirmation Bias' when reading the news. This from Britannica:
confirmation bias, the tendency to process information by looking for, or interpreting, information that is consistent with one's existing beliefs
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web :
- 09 MAR 2022 In 2014, the 'decrepit' Ukrainian army hit the refresh button. Eight years later, it's paying off (theconversation.com)
- 15 MAR 2022 Is Russia losing the war? - The Washington Post
- 16 MAR 2022 Is Russia Losing The War? Why British Officials Think Invading Forces Are 'Struggling' In Ukraine | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- 17 MAR 2022 UK military intelligence says Russia's invasion of Ukraine has largely stalled | Reuters
- 18 MAR 2022 A morale problem among Russian forces could pose a risk to Vladimir Putin's future military campaigns - ABC News
Source: Vox Magazine
- Link to Source: Vox Magazine
- Media Check: Vox - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.