BLUFRussian warship Moskva sunk by Ukrainian anti-ship missile, US says, backing claims by Kyiv.
This ABC article makes the following points:
- A senior US defence official has stated that the US believes that a Ukrainian missile attack was responsible for the sinking of the Moskva.
- The US offered no further details.
- The Moskva is the biggest Soviet/Russian ship damaged by enemy fire since 1941.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- 16 APR Moskva sinking is ‘strategically important’: former US general (afr.com)
- 15 APR The sinking of the Moskva: what do we know, and why does it matter? | Russia | The Guardian
- 15 APR what is the significance of Russia's Moskva warship sinking? | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera
- 15 APR How big a loss to Russia is the sinking of the Moskva missile cruiser? | Reuters
- Article Source: ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Media Check: ABC News - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)