This article argues that in some societies, the dog you own can signal your social class, preferences and even your personality.
Katrina Gulliver writing in Aeon, makes the following points:
- Creating family trees for pets and named breeds strengthens our relationships with our pets.
- Humans have long had pets as well as working animals.
- Selective breeding has given us dogs that can assist us in various tasks.
- In Early Modern Europe, small dogs that were purely pets and provided companionship also showed that their owner had wealth and status.
- Dogs have moved from the kennel to the house, and owning one can sometimes express our culture and values.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source Information: Aeon