BLUFThe city-state will purchase another eight F-35B short take-off and vertical landing jets as its armed forces continue their modernization drive.
This article by Thomas Newdick, writing for The Drive, makes the following points:
- The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) said the new jets would provide Singapore with a credible deterrent.
- The eight extra F-35Bs will arrive by the end of this decade, with some arriving by 2026.
- The additional jets will support the progressive drawdown of the country’s aging F-16s.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- FEB 2023 Singapore to buy eight more F-35B jets—Defense News
- FEB 2023 Singapore to acquire eight additional F-35Bs—Janes