BLUFAustralian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has promised to find the funds necessary to back the AUKUS pact for nuclear-powered submarines in the upcoming May budget. The move comes ahead of a formal agreement on the new submarines to be unveiled within days.
David Crowe and James Massola writing for the Sydney Morning Herald makes the following points:
- Prime Minister Anthony Albanese promises to find necessary funds for AUKUS pact.
- Funds to be included in upcoming May budget.
- Formal agreement on new submarines to be unveiled within days.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- 10 MAR 2023 Australia’s submarine acquisition is about deterrence, not aggression | The Strategist (aspistrategist.org.au)
- 10 MAR 2023 AUKUS submarines will strengthen Australia’s sovereignty | The Strategist (aspistrategist.org.au)