Environmentally-friendly aircraft, autonomous vehicles, working from home, and easier online shopping are on the way.
This article looks at four technological trends as follows:
- Aerospace companies are working on environmentally friendly technology.
- For Airbus, its hydrogen-powered aircraft and long-range medium-altitude drones.
- Rolls-Royce is investing in 482 kph + electric aircraft.
- Autonomous vehicles
- Phoenix has 300+ autonomous vehicles operating.
- Shanghai has driverless taxis.
- Advanced vehicles are being tested in topographically and environmentally challenging environments.
- Amazon is developing autonomous taxis and automated food delivery.
- Remote working
- Companies worldwide expect at least 25%, of their staff to work from home, full-time or part-time.
- Expect new software features to increase security and provide better IT support.
- Amazon plans to expand its check out free service in real non-virtual (RNV) stores.
- More RNV stores are likely to start introducing virtual scanning and billing.
Can you think of any more technology trends that are likely to become available during 2021?
- Jan 2021, Telstra Exchange, Our top 6 predictions for the major tech trends of 2021
- Dec 2020, The Drum, The four technology trends you need to know about in 2021 - and one to miss
- Dec 2020, Asia Times, Air taxis set to soar over Seoul’s skies
- Jan 2020 The next big thing in retail comes with Chinese characteristics Chinese apps are to 21st-century shopping what American malls were to last century’s