BLUFMilitary leadership fundamentals are well-practised within the ADF, but their utility is reinforced when business adopts and adapts these practices.
This article notes that effective military leadership fundamentals can also be applied to business; some of these fundamentals are as follows:
- Be on time, all the time
- An effective supply chain is critical (logistics), but bean counting can be problematic.
- Creating goals can apply to nearly all aspects of a modern business.
- Trust your gut (decisions), but only if your gut (informed leaders) knows the market
- Don’t think you’re the only one with a ‘secret weapon (intellectual property) – think, innovate, sell, and repeat
- Ethics and quality matter
- Remember the mission.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Leadership Strategies In The Digital World - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- 5 Leadership Lessons For Entrepreneurs To Be Successful In 2021 - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- APR 2019 What business can learn from the military. My Business
- JUL 2021 Applying the Principles of War to Business Transformation. US Army