BLUFAir Vice-Marshal Robert Chipman will be the next Chief of Air Force (CAF) in July when he replaces the outgoing CAF, Air Marshal Mel Hupfeld.
This article by Adam Thorn, writing for Australian Aviation, makes the following points:
- Robert Chipman is a former Hornet pilot and instructor.
- He joined the RAAF in 1989.
- Oversaw the Hornet Upgrade Program in 2004
- Was commanding officer of No 75 Squadron; commanded No 81 Wing; and is currently the head of RAAF military-strategic commitments.
- Current CAF, AIRMSHL Mel Hupfeld, will hand over command of the RAAF with a change of command ceremony set down for 11 July 2022.
- Also stepping down will be Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Michael Noonan and Chief of Army Lieutenant General Rick Burr.
References from the Web:
- JUN 2022 New ADF senior leadership team announced—Australian Defence Magazine
- JUN 2022 Labor extends term of Australian defence force chief Angus Campbell by two years—The Guardian
- Article Source: Australian Aviation
- Media Check: Australian Aviation - About (Media Bias Fact Check unavailable)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |