BLUFTests of the XQ-58A Valkyrie Block 2 drone demonstrated that it could use encrypted connections; further, it was capable of autonomous operations when and if required.
Jace Dela Cruz writing in Tech Times, makes the following points:
- Improved counter Unmanned Aircraft System capability has increased the need for single-use vehicles.
- Kratos Defense and Security Solutions makes the XQ-58A.
- Speed- 882 km per hour.
- Carrying capacity-about 544 kg.
- Ceiling- 45,000 feet.
- Able to carry a smaller drone for mid-air launch as needed.
- Potential swarm deployment and accompanying personnel-operated fighters.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 US Air Force to start new experiments with Boeing’s MQ-28 Ghost Bat drone-Breaking Defense
- NOV 2022 Kratos delivers Valkyrie unmanned drone to US Air Force test squadron-Aerospace Testing International
- Article Source: Tech Times | Tech News, Science, Health, Reviews
- Media Check: Tech Times About Us-(No Media Bias Fact Check)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, DIRECTIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) WEB PAGES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)