BLUFThe US needs to manufacture more of its highly effective High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems( HIMARS to replace those supplied to Ukraine.
Joe Sabella writing in DefensePost, makes the following points:
- Request for information issued for a five-year HMIAR contract until 2028.
- Includes system engineering, program management, integrated logistics support, spare parts, and training.
- All potential variants.
- Transportable on a C130 Hercules and mounted on a five-ton truck.
- One launch pod with six Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System rockets or one Army Tactical Missile System missile per truck.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 03: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 02: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 01: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web
- MAY 2022 Australia requests the purchase of 20 US M142 HIMARS rockets/missiles launcher vehicles-Army Recognition
- JUL 2022 Latvia requests HIMARS weapon to bolster Baltic defense-DefenseNews
- SEP 2022 HIMARS rockets have been a 'game changer' in Ukraine, and the US Army is now looking for ways to build up to 500 more-Insider