BLUFUS-supplied High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) is helping Ukraine to turn the tide on the Russian invasion, with strikes taking out numerous enemy targets.
This article by Zoe Strozewski, writing for Newsweek, makes the following points:
- A top US General claims HIMARS has been used for hundreds of attacks on Russian assets and infrastructure.
- General Mark Milley, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the HIMARS were helping Ukraine achieve ‘real and measurable gains'.
- The HIMARS ammunition was included in the new US $675 million Ukraine security assistance package.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 02: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 03: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 HIMARS: What are these high-tech rocket systems being sent to Ukraine and how crucial are they?—Euronews
- SEP 2022 Who will win the ammunition war in Ukraine? Russia is buying shells from North Korea; the U.S. is burning through its stockpile of weapons—Grid News
- SEP 2022 Ukraine Army Penetrates Russian Defenses by Over 30 Miles in Offensive—Kyiv—Newsweek
- SEP 2022 Department Moves Quick to Replenish Weapons Sent to Ukraine—US Department of Defense
- Article Source: Newsweek
- Media Check: Newsweek - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)