BLUFTop-ranking members of the US Space Force are warning of China's growing capability in the emerging space military domain and believe Australia's geography provides an excellent environment for future space operations.
This article by Andrew Greene, writing for ABC-Australia, makes the following points:
- US military officials visiting Australia warn that space conflict could soon be a real prospect.
- The Russo-Ukraine conflict demonstrates the growing importance of space as a potential area of operations.
- Australia's location and potential launch sites near the equator make it ideal for future operations.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- 'SPACE' (Operating in and use of) 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Conversations Space Power Series: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 ‘Life no longer as we know it’: war in space would have devastating effects, military experts say—The Guardian
- DEC 2022 Stars wars 'not science fiction'—The Australian