BLUFBased on a sample code test, science researchers have found that ChatGPT is one of the best programs to discover and fix coding errors.
This article by Emily Dreibelbis, writing for PC Mag, makes the following points:
- The researchers were from Johannes Gutenberg University and University College London.
- Forty pieces of buggy code were given to four code-fixing systems, including ChatGPT.
- All four systems used a similar methodology, but ChatGPT’s ability to dialogue with researchers and ask further questions ultimately led to outperforming other AIs.
- ChatGPT had already learned the answer when someone else asked the same question.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Articles about AI-based ChatBots | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Alternative Link: Articles about AI-based ChatBots | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- See all Runway Collections: Collections | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 ChatGPT can write code. Now researchers say it's good at fixing bugs, too—ZDNet
- FEB 2023 Are You Smarter Than ChatGPT? OpenAI Tool Aims to Detect AI-Generated Text—PC Mag
- Article Source: https://au.pcmag.com/
- Media Check: PC Mag - Media Fact Check (Biasly)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.