BLUFThe US Space Force is using commercial off-the-shelf satellites to augment its current fleet of billion-dollar systems—this has been made possible by the reorganization of the launch industry, with the Space Force adopting a more commercial focus to achieve its mission.
This article by Charles Beames, published by Forbes, makes the following points:
- SpaceX paved the way for the initial commercialization of space launches, with several others following.
- Space Force has already reorganized to see space mobility’s future adopting a commercial focus to achieve its operational and strategic goals.
- Due to the shift to a more commercially focussed Space Force, space force commanders and leaders will probably need a background in engineering and business.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- AIR AND SPACE POWER HISTORY 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- 'SPACE' (Operating in and use of) 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)