BLUFShallow work can be done quickly, such as clearing emails that mainly consist of news feeds or non-action-required information—deep work requires thought, time and complete engagement.
This article written by Daniel Lehewych for Allwork makes these points about the concept of deep work:
- The consequence of too much shallow work is the fragmentation of worker and employer attention spans
- Deep work can be achieved by:
- Workspaces where people can work without disruption for several hours at a stretch.
- Restricting the number of times you look at your email.
- Completing projects that require you to learn new and complex skills
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Your ability to focus may be limited to five hours a day. Here’s how to work around that – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Stop using your work laptop or phone for personal stuff – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- AUG 2022 10 Distractions That Kill Workplace Productivity – Business News Daily
- AUG 2022 What is deep work? 7 ways to boost your concentration - Asana