Despite popular belief in the COVID-19 lab-origin theory, scientific consensus supports a natural, animal-to-human transmission. Most evidence supporting a lab leak is circumstantial and inconclusive.
- U.S. intelligence found no evidence of SARS-CoV-2's laboratory-based origins.
- Early suspicions of lab-origin were disproven by subsequent research.
- Initial COVID-19 cases centred around a wet market, not a lab.
- Despite certain intelligence reports, evidence for a lab leak is lacking.
- A natural origin remains the most credible explanation for COVID-19's emergence.