BLUFRussia invaded Ukraine in Feb 2022 to overthrow the government in Kyiv and replace it with a proxy administration. Despite the devastating fighting, President Zelenskyy's administration remains standing and has been visited by President Joe Biden.
Daniel R. DePetris writing in MSNBC, makes the following points:
- The Russian economy is increasingly cut off from Western technology
- Many well education Russians have left the country.
- Surrounded by 'yes men', Putin's strategy has yet to undergo rigorous analysis.
- Putin remains convinced that the West will eventually tire of supporting Ukraine.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- FEB 2023 Grief and defiance in Kyiv on first anniversary of war in Ukraine-the Guardian
- FEB 2023 One Year After Russia's Invasion of Ukraine: Experts React-Rand Corporation
- Article Source: MSNBC News - Breaking News and News Today | Latest News
- Media Check: MSNBC - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)