BLUFUSAF's "Ready Airman Training" should improve USAF's capability by spreading deployment training over a more extended period instead of squeezing it into the month before deployment.
Rachel S. Cohen writing in DefenseNews, makes the following points:
- The longtime expeditionary deployment model has been replaced with a systematic approach to allow personnel more time for rest and training between deployments.
- Four phases, six months for each phase:
- Force generation.
- Process "reset," "prepare.
- Available to commit."
- MILITARY HISTORY INDEX PAGES AND COLLECTIONS ON THE RAAF RUNWAY
- AIR AND SPACE POWER: COLLECTIONS | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- ADDITIONAL READING RAAF RUNWAY (PME) | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—ARTICLES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- AUG 2021 New Force Generation model builds high-end readiness, sustainability for Joint Force-Air Force
- Article Source: Defense News, Covering the politics, business and technology of defense | Defense News
- Media Check: Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)/ DefenseNews
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)