Australian health authorities are very concerned about how quickly an Omicron sub-variant of COVID-19 can spread.
This article by Carla Hildebrandt, writing for ABC-Australia, makes the following points:
- NSW health minister Brad Hazzard believes that the BA2 sub-variant of Omicron might be more infectious than previous variants.
- The evidence is unclear whether it is more dangerous than other variants.
- More than 16,000 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in NSW on March 10—the highest figure since January 27.
- Brad Hazzard said the slow uptake of booster shots suggested the community had ‘switched off’ from the COVID-19 threat.
- He said people were still dying every day from COVID, and he was ‘genuinely concerned’ about the current situation.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: