BLUFThe cost of the F-35A has fallen to below $80 million each, and continuing improvements, including hardware and software upgrades, an improved engine, a revamped logistics system, new maintenance techniques and enhanced electronic warfare capabilities, make it a formidable aircraft.
Dan Goure writing in the National Interest, makes the following points:
- Superior to” so-called fifth-generation systems being deployed by Russia and China.”
- Only now entering Full Production with reduced sustainment costs.
- Being used in multi-domain operations paired with long-range fire systems, air defences and fourth-generation fighters.
- A global sustainment network is being stood up.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- F35B-Royal Air Force
- JUL 2022 Czech Republic selects F-35 as next fighter jet-Defense News
- AUG 2022 Polish MoD Designates Airbases That Will Host The New F-35A And FA-50 Aircraft- the Aviationist.