BLUFChina has widely hyped the capabilities of its fifth-generation fighter, the J-20, the Mighty Dragon—but this fighter might not be as capable as China implies.
This article by Peter Suciu, writing for 19fortyfive, makes the following points:
- The J-20— Mighty Dragon— possibly can carry four medium to long-range missiles.
- The J-20- might also be able to reach Mach-2.
- Despite the hype, Beijing may not have been able to develop an engine for the J-20 that matches the F-35.
- J-20 capabilities might only be fourth-generation, not fifth, as claimed by China.
References from the Web:
- APR 2022 China’s ‘Mighty Dragon’ stealth fighter stretches its wings over a wider area—SCMP
- JUN 2022 Take a look at the 'Mighty Dragon,' China's $120 million answer to the Lockheed Martin F-35 fighter jet—Business Insider
- AUG 2022 China Puts Its J-20 Stealth Fighters In ‘Action Mode’ For The Very 1st Time; PLAAF Sends Dozens Of Warplanes Into Taiwan ADIZ—Eurasian Times