Relativity, a technology start-up, plans to build rockets quickly and cheaply using 3d printers and robots; however, success is not guaranteed.
This CNN article makes the following points:
- Tim Ellis started Relativity Space to build rockets.
- The company has raised about $1.2 billion.
- Ellis plans to build rockets in less than a month using 3d printing and robots.
- Other companies can take up to a year to build a rocket.
- Ellis plans to use Stargate 3d printers to print nearly all components of the planned rockets.
- Many investors believe in Relativity, and company shares have soared, giving Relativity a four billion USD stock value.
- Ellis believes 3d printing will dramatically change rocket production.
- Relativity has already won several other military launch contracts.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source Information: CNN