UN experts are deeply concerned over a new Iranian draft law introducing stricter penalties for females not wearing hijabs.
- UN experts critique Iran's new hijab law draft as 'gender apartheid'.
- The new draft pushes systemic discrimination against women and girls.
- Following Jina Mahsa Amini's death, new tiered punishments are being introduced.
- The current draft misappropriates culture to curtail women's rights.
- Experts are urging Iran to modify the hijab legislation in line with global human rights.