Israel and Iran are in a "shadow war" with potential escalation risks. Israel aims to prevent Iran's weapon acquisition, bolstered by its new diesel-electric submarine.
- Likely equipped with vertically launched cruise missiles, possibly nuclear-armed.
- Developed locally and constructed in Germany.
- Israel's five Dolphin-class submarines have been key deterrents since the 1990s.
- Israel seemingly has a nuclear triad covering air, sea, and land.
- The Israel Defense Forces boast advanced air and defence systems.