BLUFThe Nordic nations—Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark—are considering coordinating weapon acquisition and distribution in support of Ukraine.
This article by Gerard O'Dwyer, writing for Defense News, makes the following points:
- The idea of pooling resources started with a meeting of Nordic defence ministers in November.
- The discussion focused on deepening pan-Nordic defence collaboration in support of Ukraine.
- All four Nordic states plan to increase their military support to Ukraine.
- Total military aid by the Nordic nations to Ukraine is set to exceed $2 billion by year's end.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Transformers, air defences needed, Ukraine tells visiting ministers—Reuters
- NOV 2022 Finland and Sweden step up military aid to Ukraine ahead of winter—Euronews
- Article Source: https://www.defensenews.com/
- Media Check: Defense News - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, DIRECTIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) WEB PAGES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)