The AUSMIN 2023 meeting is likely to strengthen the U.S.-Australia alliance in the context of the evolving global strategic environment. As the backdrop of the biggest Exercise Talisman Sabre ever held, the meeting is expected to clarify and bolster joint defence commitments and foreign policy directions.
- Exercise Talisman Sabre 2023 shows US-Australia military interoperability.
- The exercise incorporates 11 partner nations, enhancing alliance strength.
- AUSMIN 2023 to indicate progress in defence and foreign policy.
- The urgency of strategic competition between the US and China highlighted.
- Assurances on the transfer of Virginia-class submarines to Australia are required.