With time and experience, most leaders learn to adapt their leadership style to suit the situation in which they are required to operate.
This article from the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) notes the following:
- Transformational leadership places emphasis on change.
- Delegative Leadership focuses on delegating initiative to team members.
- Authoritarian Leadership places emphasis on a ‘follow me’ approach.
- Transactional Leadership uses rewards and punishments to achieve goals.
- Participative Leadership involves employees in decision-making.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: