BLUFTaking the concept of remote working one step further are digital nomads, where people can work from anywhere in the world or even travelling, if they have sufficient internet connection.
This article from the Harvard Business Review, based on a recent study makes the following points:
- Digital nomad numbers surged in 2020/21.
- Digital nomads are well educated, highly skilled, and digitally savvy.
- They work in high-demand, tech-oriented occupations including; computer programming and IT, web design etc.
- The advantages for nomads include:
- Combining work with travel
- Cheap locations
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Does your organisation need to hire a Head of Remote?....TheRunway
- Is remote working good or bad? Big tech companies just can't seem to decide….TheRunway
References from the Web:
- JUL 2021 Harvard Business Review. Your company needs a digital nomad policy
- JAN 2022 Nomad Flag. What Is A Digital Nomad? A Guide To Nomading
Source Information USA Today:
- Article Source: USA Today https://www.usatoday.com/
- Media Check : USA Today – Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)