In a rare bipartisan approach, Democrat and Republican leaders in the
This article by Farrah Tomazin in the Sydney Morning Herald makes the following points:
- The US Congress has created a bipartisan group giving urgency to the implementation of AUKUS.
- Technology sharing will be in several areas, not just submarines.
- An 18-month study will identify what is achievable to build a class of nuclear-propelled submarines and associated technologies.
- The US bipartisan Friends of Australia Caucus chair believes AUKUS would be one of the most important strategic moves the US undertakes in decades.
- The US President plans to host ASEAN leaders in Washington soon.
- The US is developing an Indo-Pacific economic framework to bind it to the region.
- Improving supply chains should make US allies more resilient.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source: ABC Australia