Australian Defence Force members are renowned for putting their nation before themselves, so it’s no wonder so many ADF members volunteer to donate blood. Some members donate all-year-round, while others like to get involved in the annual Defence Blood Challenge. However, research has found that around 40 per cent of Australian blood donors fail to re-donate. Likely, ADF members are also included in these statistics. Researchers believe there are both physical and psychological reasons for this and help find strategies to ensure Australia continues to have a reliable supply of blood products needed for its blood donation program. This article lists some simple tips for creating a better blood-donation experience.
- Mar 2020 Red Cross Blood donation - an essential service
- Mar 2020 The Conversation In the time of coronavirus, donating blood is more essential than ever
- Jan 2021 Marie Claire Australia Has Officially Eased Its Blood Donation Restrictions
- Feb 2021 Red Cross Coronavirus Information
- Feb 2021 BMC Promoting the propensity for blood donation through the understanding of its determinants
- Feb 2021 The Lancet Progress towards inclusive blood donation