The acquisition of new weapons systems should consider technology's economic and political impact. But, the focus should not be solely on high-tech weaponry. Technology that reduces logistics costs, maintenance, and replenishment is also important. Quality and quantity both matter.
- The US needs to increase its weapon stocks.
- Which could mean the US investing more in high-tech weapon systems.
- However, the US is in short supply of semiconductors, cobalt, neon, and lithium.
- More resources are needed for both current weapons and R&D.
- Technology might reduce the cost of warfare in the long term.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: