BLUFGoogle is making a big investment in Australia, which should positively affect the Australian economy.
Google is making a big investment in Australia. This article makes the following points:
- This investment came after Google clashed with the Australian government.
- Google, at one stage, threatened to shut down its Australian version of its search engine.
- Google's proposed investment in Australia should ensure a better relationship between Google and the Australian Government.
- Google intends to develop a major research hub in Australia and invest in Australia's cloud computing sector.
- Google will work with CSIRO on such projects as clean energy and the protection of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Google will also work with Macquarie University on quantum computing.
- This investment will create new jobs and is expected to spur innovation in digital engineering and AI.
- Google's investment aligns with the Australian government's plans to turn Australia into a significant digital economy.
- Nov 2021 BBC. Google: US technology giant to invest $740m in Australia
- Nov 2021 SMH. Google invests $1 billion in Australia with new research hub
- Google's AU$1 billion Digital Future Initiative to create 28,000 local jobs | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)