Bolstering cybersecurity has become more critical than ever in the 21st century; battles are now being fought digitally and with missiles as nations wage war in new and complex arenas.
This article by Neil Martin, writing for UNSW Newsroom, makes the following points:
- In addition to tanks, bombs and soldiers on the battlefield, countries are also waging war in cyberspace.
- Online attacks have been linked to Russia’s military invasion of Ukraine.
- The US Government claims Russia breached the networks of multiple defence contractors and gained sensitive information about weapons-development communications infrastructure.
- In times of war, such as the current Russian invasion of Ukraine, gaining access to information can significantly impact success or failure.
- Experts say finding and fixing software vulnerabilities in computer programs or software is one of the most crucial ways to defend against attacks by state-sponsored hackers.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source: University of NSW (UNSW)