BLUFHoarding is a mental health disorder that prevents some people from living life to the full. It’s been increasing since COVID. But, according to Hoarding UK, potentially only 5% of hoarders come to the attention of professionals.
Laura Horton writing in the Guardian, makes the following points:
- Hoarding behaviour can be acquiring too much stuff and not even considering getting rid of any of it.
- Behaviours build up over time; you do not become a hoarder overnight.
- Being aware of and speaking openly about the disorder can help.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- COGNITIVE BIAS 01: COLLECTION-- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE HUMAN BRAIN 01: COLLECTION- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)