BLUFThe myth of laziness is debunked in this article, revealing that our culture's obsession with productivity is the root of our mental health crisis and that humans thrive with leisure and creativity.
This article by Katina Bajaj, writing for Fast Company, makes the following points about laziness:
- It is a symptom of the frenetic nature of relentless productivity, where people are physically and mentally exhausted and in danger of developing mental health issues.
- Humans thrive when we have time for rest, leisure, being creative, daydreaming, and imagining.
- Embracing creative thinking is an organisational and personal strategy to counter our frantic work life.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- How to deal with work stress — and actually recover from burnout – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Talking, beeping, ringing phones: Research shows open-plan offices really do increase stress – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- MAY 2021 Feeling lazy? It's pandemic procrastination – Human Resource Director
- JAN 2023 What a dash of laziness can do for you – Welcome to the Jungle