The Australian Government has begun the first stage of a major national study of Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Worth noting the following points regarding the Australian Government’s 2021 national study:
- The first phase of an intergenerational study.
- Will cost approximately 89.5 m AUD.
- Assumes that 50% of Australians will suffer some type of mental health issue during their lifetime.
- Will attempt to capture new information on self-harm and eating disorders.
- Will attempt to find out the services used by people at risk of suicide.
- 17 000 Australians aged 16 to 85 will participate.
- Will run from 2021 to 2023.
The second stage of this study will commence in 2022 after the next Australian Census.
- Jan 2021 Aus Gov Mental health services in Australia
- Jan 2021 IA Government ignorant to the seriousness of rural mental health issues
- Feb 2021 ABC Advocates call for 'lifesaving' mental health clinics in Victoria to be replicated across Australia
- Feb 2021 SMH Australia launching $89m mental health study of ‘unrivalled depth’
- Feb 2021 Sky Government launches ‘very timely’ mental health study