BLUFThis NATO maritime exercise included Italian, French, British and two American carriers supported by warships from other NATO countries—Russia does not have the economic resources to support a similar size fleet.
Peter Suciu writing in 19fortyfive makes the following points:
- Operating in the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Exercising anti-submarine and air warfare drills, deck-to-deck aircraft transfers, and at-sea resupply.
- Consolidating NATO’s approach to air defence, cross-domain cooperation and maritime-land integration.
- HMS Queen Elizabeth is exercising her F-35B fighters instead of NATO flagship HMS Prince of Wales.
- The first deployment of the world’s newest and largest warship- USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78).
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Meet The F-35C: The Stealth Fighter Built For U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Japan is Building the Biggest Warships in Asia - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Five NATO aircraft carriers hold drills in major naval deployment-NATO
- NOV 2022 5 Aircraft Carriers Set to Operate Together in Europe for NATO Exercise-USNI News