BLUFThis article argues that the US policy of deterring North Korean aggression against the South—by threatening a devastating counterattack—is working.
This article by American Military News makes the following points:
- The US claims North Korea now understands the considerable military strength of the US-ROK. Alliance.
- North Korea is also fully aware of the USA's commitment to the defence of South Korea.
- The North Korean regime is annoyed by growing ties between the US and other regional powers.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- South Korea, U.S., Japan stage anti-submarine drills amid North Korea tension | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- How South Korea's new president could shake up the region | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 US deploying more advanced weapons in response to North Korea threat—The Hill
- JAN 2023 NATO Chief Stresses Need For US' ‘extended Nuclear Deterrence’ Amid North Korean Threats—Republic World