BLUFA Pentagon official has admitted that US forces are inside Ukraine to ensure Ukrainian troops manage and account for their Western-provided weapons.
This article by Lolita C. Baldor, writing for Stars and Stripes, makes the following points:
- The senior official, who spoke anonymously, would not say how close to the battlefronts the US troops were getting.
- The move is part of a broader strategy to ensure weapons provided to Ukraine don't end up in the hands of Russian forces or their proxies.
- US officials have faced persistent questions from some members of Congress over how the administration is accounting for the billions of dollars in arms sent to Ukraine.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web
- OCT 2022 U.S. military inspectors in Ukraine to keep further track of weapons and equipment—NBC News
- NOV 2022 Pentagon announces another $400 million in military aid to Ukraine, establishes headquarters in Germany to handle shipments and training—Stars and Stripes
- Article Source: Stars and Stripes
- Media Check: Stars and Stripes - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)