The war in Ukraine shows just how important it is to be self-sufficient in munitions such as missiles. Currently, the Australian government is working with Lockheed Martin and Raytheon to manufacture missiles in Australia.
Matthew Knott writing in the Age, makes the following points:
- Australia currently imports its missiles mainly from the United States.
- Australia needs to build, maintain, repair and upgrade missiles.
- Lockheed Martin Australia is examining whether HIMARS could be made in Australia.
- Australia could be an alternative missile supplier for the US.
- Australia already produces high-quality explosives and advanced military sensors.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: