BLUFSwitzerland plans to replace its F/A-18 Hornets and F-5 Tigers between 2027 and 2030—with the F-35A.
Vivienne Machi writing in Defense News makes the following points:
- Switzerland by signing an order for36 F-35s avoided a referendum on whether Swizterland should buy these jets or not.
- The first eight F-35As will be manufactured in the US, and the remainder should be assembled in Italy
- It is possible that four aircraft could be assembled in Switzerland.
- F-35 01: COLLECTION- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- SEP 2022 Swiss parliament validates purchase of F-35 fighter jets despite opposition-le News