BLUFAccording to the National Transport Accident Research Centre (NTARC), small-vehicle drivers are at fault in 70 per cent of fatal road accidents involving trucks.
- Truck drivers claim the number of truck-related road accidents is rising.
- Truckies want people in smaller vehicles to consider their behaviour around big rigs.
- Light vehicles cutting in front of trucks, and overtaking when a truck was turning, were identified as a major risk.
- 28 September 2022 The Long Road to Driverless Trucks (New York Times)
- 29 March 2023 MUARC report shows potential for Autonomous Emergency Braking to reduce road fatalities (Murdoch University)
- Article Source: ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Media Check: ABC News - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) (HIGH CREDIBILITY)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.